How to Root HTC Desire V – Unlock Bootloader And More
Today I have a great news for HTC Desire V users. Now people people can root there HTC Desire V by unlocking there Smart Phone’s bootloader and install ClockWorkMod Recovery. I will also tell you how to remove Bloatware and install Google Stock Apps.
The tested models with this trick are :-
Build number: 1.35.1402.1
Build number: 1.56.1402.6
Download the required files for root from here :-
Caution :- This trick is tested and working on many models but if you did any step wrong then Fresh News Area is not responsible for bricking you Smart Phone.
Step 1 – Bootloader Unlock
- Go to htcdev.com then create an account there and click on Unlock Bootloader. Choose “All Other Supported Models” and click on begin bootloader unlock at the place. You will not void your all warranty but only HTC will not cover the problems which are caused due to software problems so accept the agreement.
- To enter bootloader mode, make sure the phone is switched off. Remove the battery if it is not getting switched off. Then hold Volume Down and start pressing the Power button without any USB cable. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to select “Fastboot” and select it using the Power button. Now connect your USB cable and continue following the HTC instructions.
- You need the zip file which you must have downloaded from the above link. You also need HTC USB Drivers installed to connect it with you device. Using the command prompt you can simply navigate to the extracted files and run the fastboot command. (Use the command “cd C:/myextractedzip” to change to a directory).
- Save the Unlock_Code.bin attachment which you get from HTC by Email into the same extracted zip folder and run the next command. You now have an unlocked bootloader and the phone will start up and an HTC wizard.
Congratulations ! Your bootloader is now unlocked.
Step 2 – Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery
- Remove the USB Cable if connected and boot again into bootloader mode. Click fastboot and reconnect it to your PC. Now run the following command on your PC via fastboot :- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Switch off your phone now again and make sure that the USB Cable is also removed from your computer.
Congratulations! Your recovery is now installed.
Step 3 – Rooting the Phone
- Now copy the “app” folder from the zip onto a micro-sd card. Also copy the “CWM-SuperSU-v0.92.zip” and “rootexplorer_2.16.apk” onto the micro-sd card.
- Boot into bootloader and select recovery this time in that. Now go to Install Zip from SDCard and choose CWM-SuperSU-v0.92.zip
- Now select “Yes – Install CWM-SuperSu” and reboot the phone manually once it is installed.
Congratulations! You phone is now rooted.
Step 4 – Installing Google Apps
Caution :- You only need to install Google Apps if you do not have them like Play Store. If you do not have Apps like Play Store then you don’t need to perform this step and you can move to next step.
- Using the included file manager on the phone, click on “rootexplorer.apk” and install it. When launching root explorer, make sure you grant it superuser permissions.
- Go click the “sdcard” folder and press and hold the “app” folder that you copied from the zip file. Click “copy” and then navigate to /system . Press “Mount R/W”. And then click “Paste”. Choose Yes to overwrite. Exit root explorer.
- Now we need to fix the permissions. The easiest way is if you enable USB Debugging mode from the “Developer Options” settings. Make sure you connect your USB cable.
- Open a command prompt to our extracted zip folder and type “adb shell”. Press enter and you should see “shell@android:/ $”. Run “su”. Run “cd /system/app”.
- Now to fix all permissions, run “chmod 644 *.apk” and then run “chown root.root *.apk” .
- Now run “reboot” to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! Google Apps are now installed.
Step 5 – Bloatware Removal
- Removal of bloatware is easiest. Go to /system/app via root explorer and delete any app which is not needed. Here is a list of bloatware apks which need to be removed :-
- Now Reboot you phone and you are done.
Congratulations! Bloatware apps are now removed.
Here is where we end our guide. You can head over to xda-developers thread to thank the person who first posted this guide.
Incoming search terms:
- cara root htc desire v t328w
- desire v reboot trick
- download apk root file for HTC desire v
- htc desierew t328 suffteware
- recovery для desire t328
- stock rom htc desire q t328
Latest posts by Harkunwar (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Benchmarks [Exynos 5 Octa Version] - 1 January 1970
- Ubuntu For Phone Launched – New OS Entry in Smart Phone Market - 1 January 1970
- Ways to Purchase Nexus 4 in India ? - 1 January 1970